Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The stuff of life

Life's been busy of late with work, family, Maggy, friend and home stuff. Some friends have sadly been struck by the loss of parents, we celebrated my dad's 70th birthday with a surprise party, some key projects at work have been heating up, Maggy's health has been up and down and up again, a friend's getting married, etc., etc.

I've also been trying to get caught up on outstanding taxes, finding and seeing physicians, locating the finishing touches for our new home, getting to the gym, finding appropriate cards and gifts, catching up with friends and family, keeping on top of Maggy's appointments and ointments, cleaning off my pile-high desks at home and work, finding time for a hair appointment, joining a yoga class, getting out and about in Toronto, etc., etc.

Maggy and I will celebrate a year of living in Toronto on October 1 and it still boggles my mind that we've accomplished and accommodated so much since leaving Vancouver. Sometimes, it seems like just yesterday and other times it feels like a lifetime ago.

4 comments:

Mika Ryan said...

Wow, has it only been a year? When I think of how much the two of you have done over the past 364 days, a Mary tyler Moore image of the two of you, running through the streets of Toronto - throwing caution to the wind, runs through my head. You go girls!

Maggy and Me - said...

Although we actually left Vancouver at Christmastime 2006 we had months of fun before beginning our new 'real' life in TO last fall. :)

Dil said...

Life does seem to build up to a crescendo sometimes....we just have to remind ourselves to bring down the volume again to a nice pianissimo..
That makes interesting music. We need the crescendos and the quiet bits, the fast tempos and the slower melodies. if it were all one dynamic and tempo, who would want to play it or listen?

Anonymous said...

Wow,
I've just come across your blog and now I'm saying what a courage! I mean, leaving home, all your friends and whatever else behind, moving many miles away to start a new life, that requires a strong personality and spirit.
I can't imagine doing something similar. I'm too settled and used to my way of life.
But, I wish you all the best in your new life.
Take care,
Jay