Sunday, October 19, 2008

A lovely surprise and blast from the past

Today I was unexpectedly able to get together with my friend and former colleague Margaret, visiting from Victoria for a short stopover in Toronto. It was great to chat over wine and dinner and hear about all the goings on back at Tourism BC.

I'm so grateful to have had the chance to live and work and be in BC for 10 years and every now and then am reminded about how wonderful the people are there. Tonight was just that - thanks Margaret for the catch up! As the team at TBC ramps up to the 2010 Olympics it's an exciting time and I know everyone will do an amazing job.

While I'm definitely at home back in Ontario, I do miss Vancouver and everyone there. Guess it's time to start planning a return visit!

2 comments:

lily said...

Hey Dawn, I think if it wasn't for family, it is so easy to be a Vancouverite! Lily

Margaret said...

It was so great to catch up Dawn and see you (and Maggy of course) doing great. Toronto has a very special feel to it too and it suits you well. We miss you out here but you in TO gives us a great excuse to come visit! xoxo