Monday, June 4, 2007

Synchronicity

I love the idea that there is a universal network into which we are all connected. I first heard about this years ago and explored the idea through various writers, teachers and philosophers as well as by practicing yoga and meditation and attending Unity Church in Vancouver. At that time, I vowed to myself that I would not mentally 'study' this concept, but instead connect with it through heart and body. For a Gemini (air sign) this is a challenge; however I've been successful in doing so thus far.

This approach has helped me become more grounded and 'within my body' versus always analyzing everything and searching for control. That said, it can be difficult to let go of attachment and ego-driven goals. My move east is a large-scale example of ultimately letting go of a life that was sufficient, but no longer feeding my soul.

I have recently met a kindred spirit who has gone through a very similar journey. She packed up her life and moved from Canada's north to return to family and roots in Toronto at just about the same time that Maggy and I did. We've both landed in a new, yet familiar setting and are just getting acclimatized to new daily routines. We're both so glad to be back and to be much closer to lifelong friends and family. And alas, we're both looking for that new vocation that will be in keeping with the path that we've laid out for ourselves. It truly feels as though we were meant to move to this new chapter together. It absolutely feels like synchronicity to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is "synchronicity" indeed. And I am blessed to be catagorized as your kindred spirit. (It sounds quaintly like Anne of Green Gables.)Vancouver's loss is our (my)gain. I look forward to the many blogs to come.
-Maureen