Sunday, June 3, 2007

Paradoxical Life

I've been thinking about how life in balance means that with sadness comes joy, with uncertainty comes clarity, with closing doors come new beginnings. And vice versa. It's remarkable how this works, and with age and experience we finally come to see that this is what makes life so precious. Pain, though difficult, is a gift as it can bring into focus what is most important and is so often fleeting.

I saw Deepak Chopra speak last Monday and he described this paradox by saying that without the darkness, we couldn't appreciate the light. He of course said many other things, but this really stuck with me.

My life is full of rich and meaningful relationships that continue to emerge, grow and evolve. Some of the people I love are now experiencing difficult times and my heart goes out to them with wishes of much strength, peace, laughter and joy as they negotiate through these challenges. Love is truly the essence of life and while sometimes it takes a painful experience for us to recognize this, love's power is ultimately what will get us through.

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

I really enjoy watching your life unfold via blog, it is obvious that your move was the right decision. Having walked through the fire with you I have to say one very big learning for me is how toxic anger can be - I never want to have that level in my life again.....releasing it has been the best gift for me.