Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Life lines

It seems to me that there's a thread that winds its way through life's everyday moments. It's a solid, unbreakable and yet ephemeral connection to the truly meaningful. While the day-to-day deadlines and dramas often occupy much of our time and attention, we're reminded of what is really important when we get a glimpse of, or tug on, this connective 'life line'.

I've mentioned this before and I'm still amazed at how many times I've felt this now that I'm so much closer to my original home, family and friends. It's stunning how wonderful life is and yet there's such a dichotomy between the beauty and the sorrow that comes with rich relationships and adventures. To be in touch with this core of life is to appreciate everything and take nothing for granted. And to remember this amid the chaos is the true test.

No comments: