Saturday, March 8, 2008

Sad and yet glad

Many of my past conversations with Debrah centred around paradoxes and this trip to Vancouver has proven to be such a thing.

I arrived with sadness and disbelief that such a luminous soul was no longer with us. And yet this visit, including reconnecting with very dear friends and attending a wonderful celebration of Debrah and her life, has left me inspired.

I am blessed with so many genuinely great people in my life. And I feel the impulse to pay that forward as Debrah would do.

1 comment:

Dil said...

Hi! I just read your comment on my blog, thanks for connecting! Again my thoughts are with you as you go through this time. I "blog surfed" Debrah's blog through the link on your blog (did THAT make any sense?)and feel lucky to have been able to read some of her story and read the comments from people whose lives she touched. A true lesson on how to live your life. I enjoy your blog and let's keep in touch through our words and stories and hopefully some day we'll all sit at Mika's over a glass of wine and share some more!