Monday, August 18, 2008

Summer time

... has finally arrived in Toronto. By that I mean some sun, heat and no thunder storms with driving rain, hail and chilly temps. It really has been an odd year weather-wise and while it's good for Maggy as she breathes much better in cooler, unhumid air, people around here have been getting pretty grumpy.

I have to admit though, I'm not a fan of 30 degree temps and humidity, so this climate has actually suited me just as well as Maggy. And there's still hope for a normal autumn - my fave season of the year. Sweater weather, coloured leaves, beautiful light and a bit more energy as we start a new school year. I still feel that anticipation of getting back to the books even after all these years and once again I'm looking forward to that sense of a new start, kind of like New Year's Day.

Luckily, I'm on vacation this week in order to enjoy some of this last minute summer. Just in time before fall begins to roll in - and with it new chapters.

PS: Well, maybe the summer weather optimism was a bit premature. Maggy and I just went for a walk and out of nowhere came a rainy deluge while blue skies were all around. Strange.

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

How lovely for Maggie to have you all to herself this week.
Have loved reading your thoughts on the games and in truth think your probably seeing more than I am. I miss those "one woman, over coming the odds, with a dream" vingettes.