Thursday, September 24, 2009

Practising what we already know

Hmmm. Yesterday was a reminder to remain realistic about, as well as trusting of, external influences. While feeling on the right path toward more spiritual connection, and seeing the many options that are presenting themselves with that consciousness, I have to remember that not every channel is the one for me.

The holistic TCM health centre was interesting, though not at all what I expected. It unfortunately was not a welcoming nor informative experience, despite my desire to find a foundation on which to build a health & wellness base. My intuition tells me it's not what I need at this time, though it may simply be that the upcoming yoga classes were what I was meant to find there.

I'm still open to what else the centre might offer, and yet also acknowledge that much of what I'm looking for in a wellness practice I'm already tuned into and simply need to act upon myself. No panaceas. Authentic, balanced living with conscious exploration and action. Time to resume all I've learned over the years - and pay special homage to my wise friend Debrah while I'm at it.

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

how many times have we talked of the struggle for balance and a healthier life? Right now not feeling any sense of it, eating way too much, which only makes me feel worse. Your musings are a reminder that I have to take care of me first, even in these troubling times. xoxoxo, M