Monday, October 15, 2007

Acclimatization lows and highs

Another quick posting as I'm not yet hooked up at home and work is so hectic that I barely get the chance to check work email before rushing off to yet another meeting! (Fun, yet frenetic too and so much like my previous life at Tourism BC - an interesting occurrence).

Maggy is settling in well, though with an upset stomach that required a quick visit to the vet on Saturday. She's doing ok, but I think moving isn't her favourite pasttime. This am she woke me up at 6 as she wanted to go outside IMMEDIATELY and so off we went without pausing to brush hair or remove nightguard (mine that is). I figured there would be no one in the halls of the condo at that time of morning... Not only was there someone in the elevator - it was a friend of mine from years ago when we both lived in Ottawa who lives in the building! So while this was an incredibly pleasant surprise, I'm looking forward to speaking again sans night guard in mouth and bed head!

Maggy thought it was cool too - especially that we were out and about that early in the am - a rarity in our world for sure!

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

It's a universal truth, that if you go to the drugstore in your curlers, your doomed to see an old love.
It will be interesting to see what time Maggie gets you up tomorrow morning, wait and see. My maggie did the same thing one morning, and decided that it was so lovely, why not start even earlier the next day. She eventually started trying to get us up at 4:30 am, it was man against one very determined pug.