Saturday, October 20, 2007

Full circle moments

Yesterday I got a phone call from Vancouver regarding a potential job opportunity. As it turns out, it was one that I was interested in a few years ago at the Royal BC Museum. Though I competed for it, once on the short short list, I pulled out as it involved a move to Victoria. From time to time I've wondered if that was the 'right' decision. And though I believe it would have been wonderful to work at the Museum, I'm very happy with the experience I gained by staying where I was and with the way life has unfolded over the past year.

I'm loving working at the Library and am fortunate to have landed here. I'm close to family and have reconnected with them and with old friends on a day-to-day basis. I'm also making new friends and truly enjoying living in Toronto - yes seriously! :)

It was quite nice to get the call though and to, for a moment, consider the opportunity - no, not seriously! ;)

For now, I'm quite content to stay put (and know that Maggy would put all feet down if I even suggested yet another move!).

No comments: