Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Everything is new again

Maggy and I encountered a puppy on our walk last night - a puggle (part pug, part beagle) who was full of life and curiosity. Everything was so very interesting and exciting to him. That can also be said for Maggy, except that with years of experience she has learned to prioritize - food first, people second, other dogs third, puppies never! Too much 'in-her-face' energy and very immature for her taste. So off we wandered, not paying attention to the puppy (well I did, she didn't).

In Maggy's defence though, she too is finding that everything is new again. Home, neighbourhood, friend to walk her at lunch time, family visitors (including that two-year old Matthew), vet, food, smells, climate, water. It's all different.

I know how she feels and yet, at least, I had a say in all this change. It does give me pause though as I realize that she and I have completely reinvented our lives over the past 9 months. Wow.

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

I love this post, a reminder why I miss the two of you so much!